Our website is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may occasionally revise this policy and update this page. You should occasionally check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st June 2020.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
sensitivityresearch.com is a website run by researchers. The purpose of this website is to educate the public and provide free resources to both researchers and practitioners as well as encourage and facilitate international collaboration between researchers.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you from our website in three different ways:
- When you join our mailing list or become a registered free member
- When you take one of the tests available on the website and consent for your test results to be sent to you or stored for research purposes
- When you take part in one of our online studies (data is usually collected on a different platform than this website with sensitivityresearch.com only providing a link)
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, age, gender, ethnicity, job title, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- For internal record keeping
- For research purposes
- To periodically send emails about newly added content or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided when signing up for the newsletter
- We use “cookies” to improve your experience of our web pages easier (see below).
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
How we secure your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your data protection rights
You have rights over the use of your personal data.
You have a right of access to personal data stored by us (see below), as well as the right to withdraw your previously given consent, which allows us to hold any of your personal data. If at any time you decide to withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com.
Access to and Amendment of Personal Data
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of 'cookies'
Cookies can be controlled by setting your browser preferences. However, turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
We have two main types of cookies, those from Google Analytics and those from WordPress.
Google analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- _utma - expires after two years
- _utmb - expires after 30 minutes
- _utmc - expires on closing browser
- _utmz - expires after six months
These cookies are used to improve the user experience of the site. For example, these cookies remember information that has been entered when moving from page to page as well as the individual customisation of the admin interface.
- wordpress_ - expires on closing browser
- wordpress_logged_in_ - expires on closing browser
- wordpress_test_ - expires on closing browser
- wordpress_test_cookie - expires on closing browser
- wp-settings- - expires after one year
- wp-settings-time- - expires after one years
- PHPSESSID - expires on closing browser
- SESS - expires on closing browser
Links to third party websites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access those using links from our website.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party